Monday, March 19, 2012

Hello world !

Please bear with me.  I have to start somehow.  Since it is my first blog, I have a little jitters.  I have great expectations from myself and would like you to have even greater from me.  Please don't hold your thoughts and if you will ever end up here, leave your significant mark or just a thought, a bitter dose of healthy criticism or a moment of joy, sharing what we might have in common.  This place will be dedicated to our dream home in sunny Merida, Yucatan, almost on a tip of the southern stretch of Mexican Atlantic coast.  If you heard of Mayan Riviera, Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum or Chitchen Itza, you are close, but not exactly there yet.  Merida is a big, almost 1 million population city, yet still preserves its colonial charm, that drives into itself people like me with open heart, romantic nature and love for simple lifestyle under the ever present sun.
I will follow up soon with more details on how we decided to be here and the initial struggle renovating our home from ground up and planning a tropical garden with a naturally shaped swimming pool.
Hasta luego and hope to see you dropping by from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. Nice design for a blog. We are thinking of retiring in Merida, so please keep posting your articles. We will certainly enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete